Injuries, trades, bye weeks… It is that time now in the NFL and we are here to help with your weekly woes with some great notables that you might be able to plug into your lineup in a tight spot!
Eagles vs Jaguars –
- Dallas Goedert – 11 points – After a few game slump Goedert found the endzone last week and with Ramsey covering Jeffrey this game and the rest of the Jaguars secondary looking lackluster Goedert could be a nice bye week plug in.
- Eagles Defense – 8 points – The Jags are having a lot of trouble this year and it’s not just the defense. Bortles started strong and has fizzled out with the absence of their star running back Leonard Fournette and a lackluster running game in general. I do not expect the Jaguars to get more than 10 points this game.
Ravens vs Panthers –
- Hayden Hurst – 15 points – Carolina is one of the worst defenses against the tight end and I believe this is Hurst’s coming out party. Since coming back from injury he has been hyped to be the new franchise tight end and he couldn’t have a better matchup to prove his draft worth.
- Graham Gano – 12 points – Ravens defense has been one of the roughest defenses this year and I can see Cam not only struggling but getting frustrated early. We don’t really like hyping kickers but this week we love Gano against the Ravens.
Broncos vs Chiefs –
- Devontae Booker – 13 points – With Royce Freeman out, Booker will be looking to take over the goal line role and be a change of pace back. Freemans job is not in jeopardy but this will be one of the only good weeks to start him against a mediocre Chiefs defense. DFS sleeper.
- Harrison Butker – 10 points – Another kicker? Woof… We love Butker though. With the high scoring offense of the Chiefs he’s been a must start in all leagues and should have a solid game since the Broncos front 7 will most likely stop Mahomes for at least a FEW drives. They hope.
Browns vs Steelers –
- Nick Chubb – 15 points – With Hyde gone Chubb has taken over the starting role and hasn’t looked back. Even with Pittsburgh being great against the run, Chubb should find the endzone multiple times this week as I predict this game to be a shootout.
- James Connor – 26 points – I know what you’re thinking. “No s***!”. But I cannot emphasize anymore how big of a game Connor should have against a terrible Browns defense in a divisional game as his possibly last game starting. 26 is modest to be honest.
Seahawks vs Lions –
- Rashad Penney – 12 points – Penny the last two games has been averaging 5 ypc on nearly 10 attempts and they seem to be fading Mike Davis more and more out of the game plan. Penney may have had a slow start to the season but he is finally getting his flow even on minimal opportunities. This could be a break out game for him.
- Matt Stafford – 25 points – Stafford, after his horrific first game of the season, has been one of the most accurate QB’s in the NFL and has had some of the best chemistry with his offense that I have seen in years. The Legion of Boom is no more and I expect Stafford to have a field day against them.
Buccaneers vs Bengals –
- CJ Uzomah – 12 points – With Eifert being done for the year and Kroft being banged up Uzomah has has no problem handling the starting tight end duties. The Buccs have been awful against the tight end this year and Uzomah has had a string of solid games so far so expect a fine showing.
- Ronald Jones II – 14 points – The Bengals aren’t the worst against the run but that shouldn’t matter with Peyton Barber being banged up. Jones saw his first touchdown last week and is starting to get the trust of his coaching staff. He should see a ton of volume as Jacquizz Rodgers is not the running back he used to be.
Jets vs Bears –
- Trey Burton – 17 points – Trubisky has been having a hell of a last few games and the Jets secondary is… Bad. Burton has become a favorite redzone target of Trubisky’s and will continue to reap the benefits of having a Quarterback on a hot streak.
- Bears Defense – 14 points – Even with Darnold showing some life he has still been a turnover machine(a worry coming out of college). We are expecting a pick 6 and a ton of sacks.
- Jordan Howard – 16 points – Yes, this game is going to be a blow out and it’s also going to be the game Jordan Howard bounces back.
Redskins vs Giants –
- Eli Manning – 18 points – Eli showed lots of life last week. Even RUNNING trying to get into the endzone. It was humorous but also kind of put a tear in my eye as he’s trying everything he can to make sure he gives his all for his, hopefully, final year as a Giant. Eli always gives more effort in divisional games and I also predict that the Giants get this win.
- Kapri Bibbs – Stash – The Redskins running back injury woes are prevalent and Bibbs showed he can handle the pressure last week. Peterson hasn’t finished a full season in years so Bibbs may see more drives than expected.
Colts vs Raiders –
- Deandre Washington – Stash – Doug Martin is supposed to be the feature but Washington is my pick for taking over the game flow. Martins time has passed and Washington is still young and has been in the organization for years. This is obviously a wait and see situation but I predict Washington will take over.
- Chester Rodgers – 10 points – 3 out of the last 4 games Chester Rodgers has seen over 50 yards and a touchdown. Andrew Luck, like his predecessor, makes the players around him better and with that creates names. Chester may not be his favorite target yet but he is getting plenty of looks and against a terrible Raiders defense he has a great chance of having a solid performance. A nice flex option in a squeeze.
49ers vs Cardinals –
Other than Kittle there is no one I would go out of my way to start in this game. Both teams are struggling and this could either end up a 9-3 game or a blow out. Kittle is the only person I would go out of my way to absolutely start this game for the 9ers.
David Johnson on the other hand I believe will have his breakout game of the season. Leftwich will at least have him utilized a lot more and that means a ton of opportunities against a bad run defense. This is the game Johnson owners have been waiting for.
Packers vs Rams –
- Geronimo Allison – 13 points – Cobb may be coming back, finally, from injury(as is Allison)but Geronimo should see a ton of targets as the main focus will be on Adams, Cobb and Graham. Expect his deep threat talent to be utilized this game.
- Tyler Higbee – 7 points – We always say never start Higbee and we usually mean it, but the Packers are amongst the worst against tight ends and we think that Higbee will get his first touchdown of the year this game. And that’s it…
Thank you so much for reading! It may seem a bit rushed but we have been very busy lately and trying to make sure we get out our weekly Notables article at least. Hoping to have injury reports and strategy articles up next week again!