It’s week 3 in the NFL and the Browns have officially won a game after 2 years! Did you start 0-2 and need a miracle? This is the week it can happen! Here are your weekly notables(players that you possibly wouldn’t think to start but could change your lineup drastically).
Bills vs Vikings –
- Latavius Murray – 15 points – With Dalvin Cook out, this is going to be Murrays show. Since he has been doing a generous split already, he will have no problem being incorporated into the game plan.
There are no Bills that are even worth a notable position at this time. When a player retires at halftime because of how poorly the team is playing, you stay away from that team.
Giants vs Texans –
- Will Fuller – 18 points – His first week back he already showed immense chemistry with Desean Watson and even though he is going against a decent secondary, the main focus should be on Deandre Hopkins.
- Lamar Miller – 16 points – Miller is currently averaging almost 5 ypc. Though he has not seen the endzone yet, he should see a ton of receiving targets and goal line work. I think this is a breakout game for him.
Till the Giants get something going on offense I do not see any sleeper starts worthy of playing.
Packers vs Redskins –
- Geronimo Allison – 12 points – This is a game I see Allison getting his due diligence. A fine route runner and strong ball option, he should have a nice day considering most of the attention will be going to Adams and Graham. Cobb could see an uptick as well but I think this is Allisons game.
- Alex Smith – 22 points – Alex smith is a slinger, scrambler, and game manager. Against a mediocre defense there should be plenty of opportunity for him to open the field and shoot it out with Rodgers.
49ers vs Chiefs –
- Jimmy Garrapolo – 30 points – This is the breakout game for Jimmy G. Every game so far against the Chiefs has been an utter shootout thanks to mediocre defensive play and the Godly arm of Patrick Mahomes. Each week Jimmy has been looking more and more comfortable and this is the week that this QB2 becomes a QB1 and in the top 3 weekly rankings.
- The Chiefs are a powerhouse right now but the only players worth starting are the ones you are ALREADY starting. No sleepers here. Watkins is worth a Flex spot most weeks.
Raiders vs Dolphins –
- Mike Gesicki – 10 points – All around solid redzone target and can catch. All you need in a tight end, especially a week by week flier.
- Derek Carr – 19 points – Carr has been mediocre at best, but this week I believe he can really redeem himself. The Dolphins defense is nothing to run home about but neither has the Raiders offense been. Carr should really open up the floodgates this week because the teams future depends on it.(Looking at you Gruden)
Colts vs Eagles –
- Nyhiem Hines – 11 points – Hines isn’t a recommended start but he IS someone to keep an eye on. The Colts backfield, like usual, is a mess and they need someone to step up. I believe Hines will be that guy.
- Kamar Aiken – 8-12 points – Aiken is an open book. He has a ton of upside due to the injuries in the wide receiving core in Philly but he was never known as a must start. I believe in deep leagues he will be worth a roster spot as Wentz will most likely be looking at high percentage throws his first game back.
Titans vs Jaguars –
- Keelan Cole – 16 points – Cole is the guy in Jacksonville right now. He should be rostered in all league formats and should be started as a WR2 this week without a doubt. Nuff’ said.
With Mariota’s status in the air it is tough to say who is worth starting this week. Even Henry is a tough decision to start as a flex option so if you have the options, steer clear.
Bengals vs Panthers –
- John Ross – 14 points – Ross is going to be a huge part of the Bengals future and I believe this game against a tough but beatable Panthers defense he could exploit them with his speed.
- Darius Wright – 10 points – Wright could end up being a favorite target of Cam Newton and this game proves no different. I expect a slow start with a solid finish for Wright.
Broncos vs Ravens –
- Phil Lindsey – 10.5 points – Use Lindsey while you can. He is small but quick which usually means injury prone. He has taken over the RB1 role for the Broncos(Sorry Freeman owners)and until Freeman picks up the pace, Lindsey is going to vulture carries(or until he inevitably gets hurt).
- John Brown – 14 points – With a score each week and him being Flaccos go to target(and someone we really liked preseason), Brown will continue to be a favorite for Flacco and could see another solid game. He is a WR3 with WR2 upside.
Saints vs Falcons –
- Ted Ginn – 12 points – Ginn has been a solid receiving option for Brees so far this year and against the Falcons lackluster defense you could expect more big things(especially deep balls).
- Calvin Ridley – 9 points – Ridley went from 0 points to 14-15(depending on your league)last week and I see steady production from here on out. Julio will always be getting most of the attention and now that the Falcons have addition options with speed, Ridley will be a big part of the offense.
Chargers vs Rams –
- Mike Williams – 14 points – The second year receiver had his first touchdown of the year last week and is poised for more against a very tough defense. The main focus will be on stopping Melvin Gordon and keeping Keenan Allen in check so Williams will see plenty of targets and work this week.
- Cooper Kupp – 13 points – Kupp will be a nice flex start in PPR leagues this week as he is a favorite target of Jared Goff and Brandin Cooks will be drawing a lot of the attention in the secondary.
Bears vs Cardinals –
- Bears Defense – 12 points – Khalil Mack alone will absolutely destroy Bradford. The rest of the defense held the Seahawks to only 10 points. The Cardinals are not going to score a touchdown this game.
- Anthony Miller – 10 points – Allen Robinson should be seeing majority of the coverage which leaves Miller open to having a nice game. I expect Miller to be more consistent and more often than not in double digits the rest of the season.
The Cardinals are an absolute wreck right now and even David Johnson is a risky move against such a tough front 7.
Cowboys vs Seahawks –
- Tyler Lockett – 13.5 points – Lockett is hard to ignore even with the offensive troubles the Seahawks have been seeing. Lockett still finds the endzone on deep balls and is a sure handed receiver.
With injuries and lackluster performances, other than Zeke there are no other starters I would play this week for the Cowboys.
We want your feedback! Please, if you could send us a Facebook message on what you do and don’t like in our articles that would be appreciated!